Microsoft Cloud Computing – Crucial Tool for Sustainable Business Growth
by Brown Simpson
Cloud computing increases the IT department’s contribution to innovations and corporate strategies.Financial experts also believe that cloud computing outsourcing provides more benefits than traditional outsourcing.
Cloud computing is of two kinds : public clouds and private clouds.Public cloud hosting refers to offering services over the Internet, whereas private cloud hosting refers to the deployment of cloud services within the firewall. The management of the services offered through private cloud hosting is taken care of by the enterprise.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of private and public cloud solutions :
Comparing public and private cloud solutions:
- Enterprises using public cloud solutions have to pay monthly for the services, while enterprises using private cloud solutions only have to pay according to the data usage and applicable bandwidth charges.
- The sharing of data is based on the principle of storage demand scalability in a public cloud, while the data stored in a private cloud is accessible only to the users in the organization. Third party sharing of data in a private cloud is possible only if the business entity running the operation wants it.
- There is a limit of accessibility for the private cloud solution as it functions within a firewall,while a public cloud solution can be accessed from any place that has an Internet connection.
- Data security risk is more prevalent in private cloud architecture since the geographical location of the data can be easily identified or traced. Public cloud solution is less risky in comparison.
- The initial costs of a private cloud solution are high and are reduced in the later stages of using it as a service.For public cloud solutions, the initial cost is low, but the expense increases over the time as the data increases.
There are several advantages and disadvantages of private and public cloud platforms other than the ones discussed above.Let’s take a look at one of the most popular Microsoft cloud computing platform,Windows Azure:
Microsoft cloud computing : An Introduction
Windows Azure is an open and flexible open platform developed by Microsoft. It has the capability of building, deploying and managing applications in a quick way across a global network of Microsoft-managed data centers. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages provided by Microsoft’s Windows Azure platform:
- High uptime: Microsoft cloud computing presents around 99.5% monthly SLA. This allows businesses to build and deploy easily available applications on the cloud platform without worrying about the infrastructure.
- Open platform: Though it belongs to Microsoft, Windows Azure is an open public platform that enables one to build applications using any tool, language or operating system.
- Unlimited storage:Microsoft cloud computing allows you to scale applications to any size. The resources are always available, and you can enlarge or shrink the resource usage as per your application needs.You are only charged for the resources used by the application.
- Unlimited Servers: Windows Azure is available in multiple Microsoft Data Centers located worldwide. This allows you to deploy applications in a data center located close to your customer.
Summary: Cloud computing is expected to become a crucial tool for business success in the near future. While large enterprises can afford private cloud solutions, SMEs have an economically viable option to operate their businesses from a public cloud platform. Microsoft Cloud computing platform Windows Azure is a powerful public cloud platform that offers a bevy of advantages to those who want to manage their businesses from a public cloud platform.
About the Author:
Uruit is the leading provider of cloud computing which has become a great source for IT outsourcing for outskirts customers. Cloud computing outsourcing has potential to unlock tremendous value for IT outsourcing customers and provides better choice and flexibility to education IT departments.